202102/03/2021 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2021: The selection process has just begun and involves around 100 nominators Last year, the Leica Oskar Barnack Award celebrated its 40th anniversary. The comprehensive jubilee exhibition, which was opened at the Leitz Museum on the occasion of the 2020 LOBA award ceremony, remains on display until March 28, 2021. Even so, preparations for the next edition of LOBA are already underway. As was the case last year, international photography experts have been invited to submit their nomination proposals for LOBA 2021.
- 25/02/2021 Leica Q2 Daniel Craig x Greg Williams: an exclusive, special edition of the Leica Q2, with a luxury design With the limited special edition Leica Q2 Daniel Craig x Greg Williams, Leica Camera AG is presenting an exclusive edition model of the Q2. It has been created in close collaboration with award-winning actor Daniel Craig and Greg Williams, one of Britain’s most renowned photographers, acclaimed for capturing iconic Hollywood moments in his authentic style. Greg has photographed Daniel Craig’s Bond since he first stepped into the role, creating behind-the-scenes books and special shoots as well as many of the Daniel Craig film posters. Both Craig and Williams have a common passion in photography and are both avid fans of the Leica brand, making this an obvious collaboration for the pair.
- 18/02/2021 The APO-Summicron-SL 28 f/2 ASPH.: A wide-angle lens with state-of-the-art technology for the Leica SL-System With the APO-Summicron-SL 28 f/2 ASPH., Leica Camera presents yet another high-performance wide-angle lens for the Leica SL-System. The APO-Summicron-SL 28 f/2 ASPH. is the latest addition to the ever-expanding APO-Summicron-SL series – a lens range that is renowned for its top-level optical performance and extremely fast and reliable autofocus. Following the existing focal lengths of 35, 50, 75 and 90 mm, the APO-Summicron-SL 28 f/2 ASPH. is the first true wide-angle lens in this series.
- 29/01/2021 New firmware for the Leica M10-P, M10-R, and M10 Monochrom: using computational imaging to correct perspective distortion The new firmware update for the camera models Leica M10-P, M10-R and M10 Monochrom introduces an exciting feature: the Leica Perspective Control function, abbreviated as LPC. Having installed the update, owners of the above-listed cameras are able to activate the Perspective Control function – which uses the camera’s integrated orientation sensors to recognise whether it is being held in a straight position, or tilted upwards or downwards. On the basis of this information, the function uses computational imaging to automatically correct receding lines – a common phenomenon that is especially bothersome in architectural photography. The term ‘computational imaging’ refers to the process of forming images with the aid of in-camera algorithms.
- 28/01/2021 Return of a landmark lens: the Noctilux-M 50 f/1.2 ASPH. becomes part of Leica’s Classics Range With the Noctilux-M 50 f/1.2 ASPH. Leica is re-issuing a lens that occupies a very special place in the company’s history. Produced from 1966 to 1975, the Noctilux 50 f/1.2 was the world’s first lens to feature aspherical elements and, as such, represented something of a sensation. Its light sensitivity (which is enormous even by today’s standards) further contributed to the Noctilux’s legendary status – as did its unique aesthetic: images captured at open aperture are imbued with a soft, almost dreamlike quality – creating an unmistakable look with an exquisite bokeh.
- 26/01/2021 Leica Brand Campaign „THE WORLD DESERVES WITNESSES” celebrates the photographers who witness the world Leica, the legendary German maker of photographic devices whose roots go back in time of more than 150 years, is celebrating the commitment of photographers who bear witness to the world in a new international advertising campaign whose claim is “THE WORLD DESERVES WITNESSES”. Through this campaign, the company pays homage to all those who use their Leica camera to document the beauty and poetry of the world. We celebrate those who capture pivotal moments of history, or the fragility of our human condition through their own sensitivity and unique view.
- 21/01/2021 Leica M10-P “Reporter”: A homage to the great reportage photographers of our time As part of the celebrations marking the 40th anniversary of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award, Leica Camera AG presents a special design variant of the Leica M10-P: the M10-P “Reporter” is an uncompromising reportage camera, suitable for even the most challenging conditions. Many Leica cameras throughout the company’s history have been developed with the needs of press and reportage photographers in mind.
202010/12/2020 Leica SL2-S: Leica presents its most versatile camera for photography and videography to date With the new SL2-S, Leica introduces a perfect solution for anyone seeking outstanding imaging performance – not only in their photographs, but also in their video productions. With its new, 24-megapixel BSI-CMOS sensor and two separate recording modes for photos and videos, the new Leica SL2-S offers the best of both media in one all-metal, state-of-the-art body built for long-term durability.
- 08/12/2020 Premium photo editing software Capture One 21 Pro now enables tethered shooting with the Leica S3 and the Leica SL2 Leica Camera AG has entered into a cooperation with Capture One. As a result, the Danish image processing specialist’s new software, Capture One 21 Pro, now supports the Leica S3 and the Leica SL2. This allows photographers to tether their camera to a computer by cable. The advantage of shooting tethered is that images can be imported straight into the software and the camera can be operated via the computer – giving owners of the Leica S3 or SL2 access to the high-performance editing workflow of Capture One 21 Pro.
Leica and Zegna join forces in collaboration to be launched globally in December 2020
Fashion meets Photography: an exclusive Collaboration between Leica Camera and Zegna. The Italian luxury fashion brand yields a capsule collection of high-end camera accessories, possibly the most refined to date. Debuted in January 2020 on the runway of the Ermenegildo Zegna XXX Winter 2020 Fashion Show, this highly expected capsule collection finally comes to life. Designed for the modern photographer, in search of the most beautiful image but equally attentive to the subtle details of handmade craftsmanship, the collaboration strengthens the link between two expressions of art and creativity, reflecting a broader dialogue between the two brands.