202101/07/2021 Leica's M-Adapter L giveaway: Buyers of an SL2, SL2-S or SL2/SL2-S Welcome Bundle will receive a voucher for a free M-Adapter L Leica Camera AG continues to promote creativity and offers a whole new world of possibilities to customers who purchase an SL system. Buyers of an SL2, SL2-S or SL2/SL2-S Welcome Bundle will even receive a free M-Adapter L after submitting a voucher code. The adapter essentially gives customers access to all the benefits associated with each and every M-Lens produced since 1954.
- 29/06/2021 Leica Camera AG further expands its presence in the growing market of the Middle East and establishes the regional subsidiary Leica Camera Middle East Leica Camera AG is opening another chapter in its global growth and expansion strategy. With the establishment of the country organization Leica Camera Middle East, the company is now expanding its business in the strategically important market of the Near and Middle East, thus strengthening its presence in the entire Arab region.
- 24/06/2021 Exclusive design variant: the Leica M10-R is now also available with a black paint finish Leica Camera AG introduces a new design variant of the Leica M10-R. With its black paint finish, the new Leica M10-R perfectly embodies the classic Leica look: over the years, glimpses of brass will gradually start to show on the corners and edges – resulting in a unique patina that emphasises the camera’s individual character. This is a camera that not only captures moments in time, but also tells a story of its own. The new addition to the M family is a prime example of Leica’s unerring commitment to quality and craftsmanship made in Germany.
- 16/06/2021 38th Leitz Photographica Auction An abundance of sought-after collector’s items and extravagant rarities from the world of photography delighted audiences at the 38th Leitz Photographica Auction, which took place in Vienna on June 12, 2021. Due to pandemic safety restrictions, the auction at the Hotel Bristol was limited to 50 attendees – however, participants from more than 100 countries joined via internet and phone.
- 27/05/2021 Dr. Andreas Kaufmann has been honoured with the Federal Cross of Merit for his economic commitment to the region of Wetzlar Due to Covid-19, it is only now that the Cross of Merit 1st Class, of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany, awarded to Dr. Andreas Kaufmann in 2020 by the President of the Federal Republic of Germany, Frank-Walter Steinmeier, has finally reached Dr. Kaufmann's hands. This special award recognises and publicly acknowledges the significant work the honouree has done for the economy in the Wetzlar region.
- 25/05/2021 38. Leitz Photographica Auction At the 38th camera auction of the renowned auction house “Leitz Photographica Auction” on June 12th in Vienna, many unique collector’s items, as well as outstanding examples of camera history, will be auctioned again. 469 lots with exciting bidding battles await bidders from over 100 countries.
- 17/05/2021 Leica Camera AG and Sharp Corporation announce technology partnership in the smartphone photography segment for the Japanese market Today, Leica Camera AG and Sharp Corporation announced the establishment of a long-term technology partnership and presented the first AQUOS R6 Smartphone ‘co-engineered with Leica’ for the Japanese market. Both companies are working in close collaboration in the field of optical engineering and the development of innovative solutions for the achievement of best possible imaging quality in the smartphone photography segment.
- 06/05/2021 Leica releases a new, universal zoom lens – and launches two lens-and-camera sets for SL-System newcomers Leica Camera AG is expanding the Leica SL lens portfolio with another powerful zoom lens. The Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24–70 f/2.8 ASPH. is equally suited to reportage, travel, studio, architectural and landscape photography, as well as portraits, close-ups, and video productions. With its extensive focal range and consistently high light sensitivity of f/2.8, the new addition is the quintessence of a universal lens. Thanks to its excellent price-performance ratio, it also represents a perfect opportunity to upgrade to the SL-System. The two new lens-and-camera sets are also aimed specifically at newcomers to the SL-System, and are therefore very favourably priced.
- 05/05/2021 The jury for the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2021 has been announced This year, the Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) enters into its 41st edition. In May, the jury will come together at Leica Camera AG headquarters in Wetzlar, to deliberate and come up with a shortlist of a maximum of twelve series for the main category, and six for the Newcomer category, and to decide on the winners of LOBA 2021.
- 04/05/2021 Firmware version 2.0 for the Leica SL2-S: New features and optimised video mode performance Leica Camera AG releases a firmware update for its most recent system camera, the Leica SL2-S. As a result, the camera will now offer a number of new features – as well as a noticeably improved performance, especially in the field of video recording. These enhancements, which were first announced at the camera’s market launch, are now available to every owner of a Leica SL2-S. They include a new autofocus algorithm that significantly improves focus tracking along with the camera’s eye, face, head and body detection.