202126/01/2021 Leica Brand Campaign „THE WORLD DESERVES WITNESSES” celebrates the photographers who witness the world Leica, the legendary German maker of photographic devices whose roots go back in time of more than 150 years, is celebrating the commitment of photographers who bear witness to the world in a new international advertising campaign whose claim is “THE WORLD DESERVES WITNESSES”. Through this campaign, the company pays homage to all those who use their Leica camera to document the beauty and poetry of the world. We celebrate those who capture pivotal moments of history, or the fragility of our human condition through their own sensitivity and unique view.
- 21/01/2021 Leica M10-P “Reporter”: A homage to the great reportage photographers of our time As part of the celebrations marking the 40th anniversary of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award, Leica Camera AG presents a special design variant of the Leica M10-P: the M10-P “Reporter” is an uncompromising reportage camera, suitable for even the most challenging conditions. Many Leica cameras throughout the company’s history have been developed with the needs of press and reportage photographers in mind.
202010/12/2020 Leica SL2-S: Leica presents its most versatile camera for photography and videography to date With the new SL2-S, Leica introduces a perfect solution for anyone seeking outstanding imaging performance – not only in their photographs, but also in their video productions. With its new, 24-megapixel BSI-CMOS sensor and two separate recording modes for photos and videos, the new Leica SL2-S offers the best of both media in one all-metal, state-of-the-art body built for long-term durability.
- 08/12/2020 Premium photo editing software Capture One 21 Pro now enables tethered shooting with the Leica S3 and the Leica SL2 Leica Camera AG has entered into a cooperation with Capture One. As a result, the Danish image processing specialist’s new software, Capture One 21 Pro, now supports the Leica S3 and the Leica SL2. This allows photographers to tether their camera to a computer by cable. The advantage of shooting tethered is that images can be imported straight into the software and the camera can be operated via the computer – giving owners of the Leica S3 or SL2 access to the high-performance editing workflow of Capture One 21 Pro.
Leica and Zegna join forces in collaboration to be launched globally in December 2020
Fashion meets Photography: an exclusive Collaboration between Leica Camera and Zegna. The Italian luxury fashion brand yields a capsule collection of high-end camera accessories, possibly the most refined to date. Debuted in January 2020 on the runway of the Ermenegildo Zegna XXX Winter 2020 Fashion Show, this highly expected capsule collection finally comes to life. Designed for the modern photographer, in search of the most beautiful image but equally attentive to the subtle details of handmade craftsmanship, the collaboration strengthens the link between two expressions of art and creativity, reflecting a broader dialogue between the two brands.
- 02/12/2020 Leica Classic Store: Vintage products, expertly serviced Leica has launched an exciting new enterprise: the Leica Classic Store enables customers to buy and sell vintage and second-hand Leica products, all while benefitting from the on-site services provided by Leica Customer Care. Leica already proved its dedication to the vintage market when the company took over the auction trade in Vienna. The Classic Store now represents a further step in this direction.
- 26/11/2020 37th Leitz Photographica Auction: Leica lens achieves world-record bidding price At the auction on November 21, 2020, the prototype of the Vario-Elmar-M 28–75mm f/3.5–5.6 ASPH. (lot no. 271) reached a bid price of 240,000 euros incl. premium – making it the most expensive Leica lens ever sold at an auction! The auctioned lens is one of only three existing Vario-Elmar-M lenses. It was intended as a universal lens to replace the Tri-Elmar 28-35-50. However, the project was abandoned due to the complexity of the mechanical and optical design. Only three lenses met the high standards of the Leica engineers and were completed.
- 24/11/2020 MYKITA and Leica Camera AG introduce the next chapter in its partnership In spring earlier this year, Leica Camera AG and MYKITA announced their substantial new partnership dedicated to bringing the highest level of German engineering to the world of eyewear. The launch collection already received the Red Dot Award for best Product Design 2020. The two respective industry leaders now present their next instalment – a line of optical models that builds on the honest, functional design and uncompromising quality established by the debut collection of sunglasses. All MYKITA | LEICA eyewear will be available in stores and online from November 2020.
- 10/11/2020 Leica Q2 Monochrom: The only full frame compact camera with dedicated monochrome sensor Leica Camera AG presents the Leica Q2 Monochrom – the next-generation model of the Leica Q line of cameras. With a newly developed full-frame monochrome sensor, a fast Leica Summilux 28 mm f/1.7 ASPH. prime lens, fast and precise autofocus and OLED viewfinder technology, the new model not only continues the performance features of the Q2, but also defines new quality standards in black and white photography.
- 26/10/2020 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2020 Award Ceremony On Thursday evening, Leica Camera AG honoured the Italian photographer Luca Locatelli, and the Portuguese photographer Gonçalo Fonseca, during an award ceremony that took place at Leica Headquarters in Wetzlar, Germany. For the first time, 65 eminent photography experts from around the world have proposed a group of LOBA nominees. From among the nominees submitted, the members of the international jury had previously chosen eighteen finalists. This year marks the 40th anniversary of the renowned award. On the occasion of this jubilee, the comprehensive 40 Years of Leica Oskar Barnack Award exhibition was opened yesterday evening at the Ernst Leitz Museum Wetzlar.